The SME InstrumentThe dedicated SME instrument's supports close-to-market activities, with the aim to give a strong boost to breakthrough innovation. Highly innovative SMEs with a clear commercial ambition and a potential for high growth and internationalisation are the prime target.
Innovation Development & Demonstration(s)prototyping, miniaturisation, scaling-up, design, performance verification, testing, demonstration, development of pilot lines, validation for market replication, including other activities aimed at bringing innovation to investment readiness and maturity for market take-up.
Funding is available for: innovation projects underpinned by a sound and strategic business plan (potentially elaborated and partially funded through phase 1 of the SME Instrument). Amount: €500,000 - €2.5 million or more (70% to 100% coverage). Duration: 1 to 2 yrs Outcomes: a new product, process or service that is ready to face market competition; a business innovation plan incorporating a detailed commercialisation strategy and a financing plan in view of market launch (e.g. on how to attract private investors, if applicable).
- SMEInst-01-2016-2017: Open Disruptive Innovation Scheme
- SMEInst-08-2016-2017: Supporting SMEs efforts for the development - deployment and market replication of innovative solutions for blue growth
- SMEInst-10-2016-2017: Small business innovation research for Transport and Smart Cities Mobility
- SMEInst-11-2016-2017: Boosting the potential of small businesses in the areas of climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
- SMEInst-12-2016-2017: New business models for inclusive, innovative and reflective societies